When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool kid bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pantmaker

I live for the CABE
I got this for one of my twins for Christmas. It's a tough looking little ride...I'll need to figure out the fenders. Anyone know what these fenders would have looked like? Was there a light on the front fender? Did it come with truss rods, etc. What is the reflector on the back of the rack? Is there anything else that is missing that you can see by these photos? Thanks in advance.
kjfgkjhetg.png
rtgrt.jpg
njkj.png
3.jpg
Estate Find Vintage Schwinn American Flyer Bicycle Year Nice But as Is 1 Pedal   eBay.png

It would have looked like one of the two models at the top of this page. If you go for the equipped model, it may take some time to come up with a tank and truss rods. Either way they are cool little bikes. Considering the current fad of pizza cutter bikes, you may consider powder coating the frame and rims a hot color and refitting with BMX bars and new studded tires. Sort of a Pizza Klunker.

532703e58951d92e4dd0e550a0458f0a_zpsf737-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what my son's little dx looks like...it is missing the original guard but you can see what truss rods, rack, and fenders look like. No light or holes for one in the front fender. I had one mounted to his handle bars but that didn't last long as he stacked quite often in the first few months (no training wheels and all). Yours will clean up nicely (bars look a little rough but meh, it's character) and the S2's looks good too. Just FYI, I don't know if it's innate or learned, but I had to make a hard sell on the 'patina' look of my son's bike. When given to him, his first reaction was to frown and comment on how 'beat up' his bike was. It took a while to convince him that his 'beat up' bike was much cooler than any bike a boy his age rode and it wasn't me that sold him on it in the end. It was perfect strangers who loved his bike warts and all. He loved the attention :cool: He has since moved up to a 24" schwinn canti and now appreciates all things vintage bikes. Good luck with the dx and it's great to start your kids young...you may end up with a built-in riding partner just I have :D Anyway, enough rambling...

IMG_0064.jpg

thanks

Great info thanks. Ha! It's funny you mention the patina issues...I've already started working on a "patina is your friend" campaign with my twins. I think they are drinking the Kool-Aid. Trick is finding another similar for my other twin now. sheesh!

Fenders for 20" are about double the cost of 26"

Nice little bike the fenders just look like mini 26" fenders, the front should have a ducktail regular 20" balloon fenders show in ebay a lot but the duck tail version just cost more. As far as the truss rods for some reason two years ago everyone had a fetish for these small bikes and the price of truss rods went way up. You used to be able to find them. I have been contemplating pinching and drilling 26" truss rods for a little bike got. The mount at the top is all the same as the big bikes just the length of the rods is different.
If you need good pedals snydebike on ebay sells nos juvenile pedal as a decent price

Also try memory lane classics. They may have grips for kids bikes at a better price than ebay. You have to call them.

I came across this tonight pm me

I think i may have mixed your bike up with Balooney's see attached.
Its up for grabs, im getting rid of a lot of stuff. The fork is bent, but im sure it can be bent back or replaced.
I even have rack for these bikes, the black one and bright green one may go up soon.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Check out the 1952 model J46 at the bottom of the page on this link. 20" 'Schwinn Hornet for boys 6 - 9.' Tank, Truss rods, Fender light, and Duck tail front fender. No rack, but those could be dealer installed. The 'Schwinn Juvenile model J40 is the same but stripped of all the flash.

http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1951_1960/1952_08.html

Last edited:
Back