When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a fat bar?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Iverider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Is the bike pictured a fat bar? Photo is circa 1952 from the second running of the Little 500 bike race in Bloomington, IN. I'm looking for this frame, fork cranks and chainring from between 1950-1952 and I'm not sure what they would be valued at which is why I'm posting here before placing a want ad.

The paint is of no concern as long as the frame and fork are sound, but I'd like at least 7 (on a scale of 1-10) on the chrome bits. Thanks in advance for your help!

15815818082_26ab2dee58_b-1.jpg
1952+Delts+Cycling+Team by VW Sightings, on Flickr

So what would you call it exactly Obi? Postwar Straightbar? How much can expect to shell for the description of what I'm askin' fer?

Thanks...I might spring for the 53 I found on craigslist for $200...Complete bike with nice original paint. I didn't really want to use an original paint bike though!

Last edited:
So what exactly is a fat bar then? I would have said this was a fat bar if someone asked me.

I thought that the bike in the picture did resemble that description. Must be a subtle difference?

the lower straight bar is smaller diamiter,like a panther,hornet etc,takes a post war straight bar tank

Back