When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a correct name for a Schwinn three wheeler. Are the 70's worth buying

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jsohc

On Training Wheels
I looked through all the gallarys and didn't see any pictured. I have a chance to trade for one. Its a may of 1971 brown one. Really good condition. Ony thing missing is the speedo cable. Kinda wonder if its worth trading for. Thanks every one. Jack in Ga.:confused:

Town & Country - They're a little fun. I bought one several years ago and turned it into a dog hauler for my wife. I also took the rear section of one and grafted it onto a different front frame... a 20" one... It's a little weird but puts a smile on my face. Since the photo, I have changed the bars on the Pshyco-Trike to a set that fits through the back doors on my little van.

see the photos..

REC

Attachments

• 69 HE56349 B.JPG
    69 HE56349 B.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 59 J947336 B.JPG
    59 J947336 B.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Before you buy one ride it. You may or may not like how they ride. It is definately different than a normal bike. Cornering in particular is a lot different. Roger

Before you buy one ride it. You may or may not like how they ride. It is definately different than a normal bike. Cornering in particular is a lot different. Roger

I hated mine.... built it, rode it, took it apart again...lol!

Attachments

• DSC00589.JPG
    DSC00589.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 118
I built one so I could ride while recovering from my motorcycle accident ......

I hated it ... I wanted to ride with my shattered arm as I recovered ... So I used a "Town & Country" set up on at first a Green Phantom ... rode that once & found a ladies Green Panther step thru frame was easier to get on than a mens frame ...

What I didn't know until I rode it was that you feel how much of a curve EVERY street has - so you are never balanced on the bike correctly - PLUS you barely have a brake since there is only 1 rear drive wheel with a coaster brake on the back & the other is a front wheel ... so I added a front drum brake that helped but still an experience in itself ... still a sketchy rider

I blew mine back apart as soon as I could ride a regular balloon bike ... RIDE ONE FIRST ... it wasn't for me & is not for everyone - ride vintage - Frank

Frank's absolutely right !

There is no balance on a three wheeler and very difficult to ride on a sidewalk but fine on the street or any flat surface. I've seen some slick restored trikes even better looking when there converted into ballooners.

Thanks every one. I did not know much about them. They look cool.

I kinda like the ratrod look.

Not collectable.Some make some kool rat rods out of them.They take up a lot of SPACE.

Town & Country - They're a little fun. I bought one several years ago and turned it into a dog hauler for my wife. I also took the rear section of one and grafted it onto a different front frame... a 20" one... It's a little weird but puts a smile on my face. Since the photo, I have changed the bars on the Pshyco-Trike to a set that fits through the back doors on my little van.

see the photos..

REC

I like the idea of adding a tank, what model of bike did the tanks come from?

Back