When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Test your knowldege on AS bolts!

-

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
So have a whole bag of 2 styles of mostly NOS AS bolts, now trying to figure out what they are for...short ones we've determined fit the stem of a prewar bike, but what would the long one be for?

Both lengths have same diameter and threading, short one is about 1 5/8", long one is about 2 1/16", from top edge of head to the end. Both have the 2 metal flanges off the head used for a slot(s).

Both are too big in diameter for a seat post clamp, prewar or postwar....anyone?

Thx!
Darcie/Nick

AS bolts 1.jpg
AS bolts 2.jpg

Anyone have a tandem they can look at to see if this 2" bolt is indeed for a tandem stem?

Yes a 2" bolt would fit in this stem. Winner, winner checken dinner?
The first pic is of the smaller bolt, im missing the longer bolt on this stem, hint hint

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thx guys, I think that's exactly what they are.

Interesting that it was pretty quiet when I asked for info about these bolts, but as soon as I post them for sale, whoa check out the PM's. :confused:

Darcie

Thx guys, I think that's exactly what they are.

Interesting that it was pretty quiet when I asked for info about these bolts, but as soon as I post them for sale, whoa check out the PM's. :confused:

Darcie

Knowledge is the key to the realm :)

Knowledge is the key to the realm :)

Sure is. And it doesn't take long to figure out who is who in the game of withholding it for personal gain. Same old same old, no matter where you go I guess. But file another note for future reference as I always give preference to those that are helpful. :)

Darcie

Back