When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'61 Schwinn Panther 3

-

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just a few questions for the Schwinn powers to be... Why did Schwinn use a different stem in '61? My Panther has the one year only stem (unless I'm wrong about that..) and how long did Schwinn use the starburst head badge?

The 61 only stem was a hit and miss deal, they were not used on all the 61's. I also would like to know why that stem showed up for a short time. Starburst badges have shown up on a few late Summer early Fall 1960 serial numbered bikes and it was produced in three versions with the first issue being rare. The 1963 models were the last to wear that badge.

Starburst badge

Panther III 005.jpg

This is on my Dec. 1961 Panther III

Mike

Yeah... it's a nice looking stem, kind of Colson looking. Does your panther have the kickback hub? The chrome on the one I just picked up isn't as nice, its peppered unfortunately. It will be one of those good from far, but far from good deals I'm afraid.

Mine does

Yeah... it's a nice looking stem, kind of Colson looking. Does your panther have the kickback hub? The chrome on the one I just picked up isn't as nice, its peppered unfortunately. It will be one of those good from far, but far from good deals I'm afraid.

Not sure who the question was directed at, but mine has a kick back on it. All original except the tires.

Mike

Back