When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my first Stingray today!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

indiana dave

Finally riding a big boys bike
1975 5-speed.
Rusty wheels, chrome, and repainted frame, but I'm going to try to save it.
The original blue is peeking thru in a couple spots.
1975 stingray 5-speed.jpg

Also got a set of coaster brake wheels, and extra handlebar and gooseneck, and tall sissybar with it.

This will be my 2nd musclebike behind the 24" 5-speed Sears Spyder I've been working on.

Hopefully I'll have them both done by spring.

Nice score. You might well get lucky and be able to save the chrome pieces. The 5 speeds are fun bikes for sure.
Cheers, Geoff

I think everything but the wheels will clean up. I've never saved a set this rusty, though.
Gonna give it a try though.

I have brought back a lot of really bad chrome. I've got the wheels soaking in coke now, and am going to hit them with the wire brush in the morning.

Well, It's been a few months, and I've tried a lot of tricks on the wheels. They are too bad. Anyone have a set of decent rider quality wheels for this bike?
In the mean time, I've torn the worn cover off the seat, and am going to re-do it inside where it's warm. LOL Garage is too cold.

Yea... Most that I've had have cleaned up well, but this one seems to have sat in a flooded basement for 10 years... I tore the seat apart, and even the seat pan was a crusty rusty mess.

Back