When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Women's Westfield Columbia Army Bicycle

-

johan willaert

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here's the latest addition to my military bike collection....

MG140418

Needs a bit of work, but nothing that can't be fixed!

Enjoy,

Johan

MG14041829Nov141-1.jpg

MG14041825Nov14-1.jpg

Yes, of course...

Gustaaf and I have been good friends since he started the MV parts business back in the late 80s....

I really like your website and all of the information you provide about WW2 bicycles. I got to see the womens and mens bicycles before they were sent to Belgium, they were a great find.

Hello Johan,

Fantastic. Nice project with enough of the bones to get it complete. My girl is # MG189872....I would figure that our bikes were in the factory at the same time. If not pretty damn close. Here is a pic of what mine looked like when it arrived at my house. Second pic is what she looks like now. It took a couple of years to finish but it was worth it.
McDBOrrl.jpg

ukDD3CHl.jpg

I might have a line on a seat. it was just a frame and pan that was painted red but it was complete. If your interested let me know and I will try to track down the guy who had it.
Once again...Nice gift!!!
Tom

McDBOrrl.jpg

ukDD3CHl.jpg

Womens westfield columbia army bicycle

I have a question that someone might have the answer. Does the womens columbia mg bike have a smaller seat as tradition has it ladies bikes have smaller seats.
The womens mg bike i found does not have a seat and one is needed

Welcome to the CABE!

Yes, definitely a smaller size Persons Majestic saddle for the women's MG Columbia.

A little harder to find but I found one for mine. I found a women's Model as well about a year or so ago and I'm just about done collecting needed parts. There isn't many of these around so I would defenitely like I see a couple pics of yours.

Does any one have an approximate number of women's MG Columbias?

I'm still looking for a saddle too...
Haven't put in much progress on the above bike... too cold to paint... Just awaiting some nice weather to apply primer and OD...
I have all the parts now, all it needs is paint and assembly...

As far as the number of Women's MGs, I have about 10 of them on file, info gathered over the past 10 years... So there aren't many about, at least not that are known in the Military bicycle community...

Johan

Back