When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need schwinn springer help please advice or your experience

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eddy45

Finally riding a big boys bike
My set up fits together and almost looks straight but it goes together hard and tight like if the bolt is bent or the bracket on the neck is ANGELED WRONG? IS THAT EAVEN possible my truss rods and set up came off a much older bike maybe that says it all right there. and to make it even worse I used a cup and rubber bushing from a new crap springer its all I had. What's the difference in PRE POST WAR SPRINGERS or maybe I need a 2 washer on the neck so the bracket sits higher up. In the end it does work but I am worried that something might bend in the long run any way I am glad I could vent to the CABE I was ready to put it on here and say free to good home I was SO MAD

Attachments

• DSC05941.JPG
    DSC05941.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC05945.JPG
    DSC05945.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC05947.JPG
    DSC05947.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 237
Something looks wrong... The rubber bumper should cover the hardware. Check the placement of the hardware, and are you using a new rubber bumper from a newer non schwinn fork?
image.jpg

YES its the wrong bumper and thanks a ton for the diagram I just loosened everything and ill try again I have the old bushing but wasn't going to use it its pretty dry but at this point I will try any thing its weird its like its angled wrong and it wasn't a good idea to mix match parts LIVE AND LEARN

Great that answers 1 big question I had are the neck brackets the same and they are so its not that I think the bolt is bent just enough to throw it all off I cant even get the spring to sit straight in the cradle it sits more off to one side I am going to get BEER and look at it again this has been the hardest part of this so far thanks guys for your help

Dude, I never would have posted my first response if I had known beer was not involved. Don't waste our time, have a few BEFORE playing around with your old bikes/parts!!!! :p

Do you have the Fork Crown Assembly Backwards? I did that once and nothing lined up.

not Shure what part your exactly referring to frank steering tube? (2802) The forks are marked on mine fore left Right So I think I am good there. Definitely interested The bolt that goes through the spring is bent so it might just be that its more WARPED THAN BENT I wont know for Shure until I get another one that's straight

Last edited:
not Shure what part your exactly referring to frank steering tube? (2802) The forks are marked on mine fore left Right So I think I am good there. Definitely interested The bolt that goes through the spring is bent so it might just be that its more WARPED THAN BENT I wont know for Shure until I get another one that's straight

Yes, the Steer Tube.

Back