When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My prewar Schwinn Paramount

-

MarlinSteve

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here are some pics of my Schwinn Paramount. I found this around 1990. The original owner seen me riding it once and he shouts at me "Thats my bike". He was a real nice guy. Sadly he passed on a few years later.
fauber 015.jpg
fauber 017.jpg
fauber 016.jpg
fauber 018.jpg
fauber 019.jpg

Beautiful bike AND an Excellent investment

Any chance the original owner told what year he bought it?
If so you could help corroborate the serial Number with the year sold new.

Beautiful bike AND an Excellent investment

Any chance the original owner told what year he bought it?
If so you could help corroborate the serial Number with the year sold new.

Thanks for your comments. The serial number is P5*, I wont disclose the last digit.
The original owner told me he bought it in 1940 and he said he went to the Schwinn factory in Chicago and bought it there.

Here is an article of the original owner of my Paramount after he passed away in 2005. Although the bike he is training on is not the Paramount.
fauber.jpg

Safety Warning!!!!

Look over this bike very carefully for cracks in the frame. It has a more modern Paramount fork on the bike then it was built with. I would be suspect of a front end collision that damaged the original fork. The original fork can be seen in the newspaper article

My statements above are incorrect as stated below. I was under the belief that the early Paramount's had the same style forks as the Superiors.

Last edited:
Safety Warning!!!!

Look over this bike very carefully for cracks in the frame. It has a more modern Paramount fork on the bike then it was built with. I would be suspect of a front end collision that damaged the original fork. The original fork can be seen in the newspaper article.

Well I beg to differ with you as my Paramount has the original fork. As I stated about the newspaper article, the bike he is riding is not a Paramount.

Safety Warning!!!!

Look over this bike very carefully for cracks in the frame. It has a more modern Paramount fork on the bike then it was built with. I would be suspect of a front end collision that damaged the original fork. The original fork can be seen in the newspaper article.

The Fork Looks Correct and original to the bike. In fact a correct paramount fork often has a hole drilled in it that is
too small to fit a Pivot bolt for a Brake through it. I'd bet that this is the case with this bike. The bike in the newspaper picture has a
shouldered type Schwinn fork like these lower priced Schwinn 'Superior' models:
IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Back