When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starburst badge on a '63?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
S/N is Feb '63, and bike is og paint etc (PO put on newer bars, rear rack and light)- thought the starbursts were only 61-62, so wondering if this early '63 got one too? Anyone else have a '63 with one?

Darcie
starburst badge.jpg
63 corvette.jpg

leftover

I have a Traveller frame with a date of 11.23.62. (SA hub was also dated 62)

My BIke was in bad shape and I was only able to salvage a few parts (including the badge!) but it wouldn't surprise me if this bike was marketed or updated for sale in 1963 as a 1963.

By the way, yours looks great!

Last edited:
there is a fair amount of overlap iv seen in the bike world,perfectly acceptable to a degree,a starburst badge onna 70 prolly wouldnt cut it.

Interesting,it has a 62 seat.my 63 copper vette was a march serial number with starburst and two rivet seat.

there ya go,later 63s had crash rail but no rivits,i think 58 seats had 3 rivits for a couple years and the they went to 2 rivit ones,of course this is how it was suppose to be,57 had a one year only non rivit 2 piece sewn to gether,i have a 56 american,2 speed manual rear hub,cantilever front brakes,early rare brown seat,all std equipment according to the catalog,oh ya it has a54/56 crossover serial number,just when you figure somthing out they change it LOL LOL

Back