When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starburst badge on a '63?

-

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
S/N is Feb '63, and bike is og paint etc (PO put on newer bars, rear rack and light)- thought the starbursts were only 61-62, so wondering if this early '63 got one too? Anyone else have a '63 with one?

Darcie
starburst badge.jpg
63 corvette.jpg

leftover

I have a Traveller frame with a date of 11.23.62. (SA hub was also dated 62)

My BIke was in bad shape and I was only able to salvage a few parts (including the badge!) but it wouldn't surprise me if this bike was marketed or updated for sale in 1963 as a 1963.

By the way, yours looks great!

Last edited:
there is a fair amount of overlap iv seen in the bike world,perfectly acceptable to a degree,a starburst badge onna 70 prolly wouldnt cut it.

Interesting,it has a 62 seat.my 63 copper vette was a march serial number with starburst and two rivet seat.

there ya go,later 63s had crash rail but no rivits,i think 58 seats had 3 rivits for a couple years and the they went to 2 rivit ones,of course this is how it was suppose to be,57 had a one year only non rivit 2 piece sewn to gether,i have a 56 american,2 speed manual rear hub,cantilever front brakes,early rare brown seat,all std equipment according to the catalog,oh ya it has a54/56 crossover serial number,just when you figure somthing out they change it LOL LOL

Back