When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Vette Decals?

-

Duck

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Guys, I'm wanting to replace a few decals on a '56 'vette project I'm working on; I see M/L has most of what I need, but I didn't see the down tube decal listed. Does anyone know of a non-Ebay source for these? -Thanks-

i learned the hard way on the last vette i did with water slide decals,didnt clear coat over them,left the bike out in the rain,most of the decals slide off!!

Dan has them and you can contact him on his site verses eBay
http://www.bicyclebones.com/

I just checked Memory Lane and they do have that decal listed.

D832 Early Jaguar/Corvette seatpost, with red schwinn cross $5.00

i learned the hard way on the last vette i did with water slide decals,didnt clear coat over them,left the bike out in the rain,most of the decals slide off!!

Dang! that's a tough nut spoker.. Now, I haven't played wit bike decals in so many years.. like 1970-ish I guess, restoring Schwinns with their own decals from Schwinn shop, never had any trouble with them. Is there something different between then and now?

Maybe the types of paint used today verses enamel? Or?

from what i have experianced its like a crap shoot,some decale are great some not so great,the problem is you dont know till you try em,i do think the old original were more consistenly better,i have made some of my own,get clear decal sheet fromthe hobby shop,take your sheet and a pic or art work to office max or someplace with a lazer printer,they can copy an size you art work and then transfer it onto the clear decal sheet,if youwant durability your paint and decls,spray with clearcoat that has uv protection,thats why the older bikes with "glamour" colors faded so bad if exposed to sun very long

Back