When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB They came in cereal toys

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

morton

I live for the CABE
As a kid in the 50's, I couldn't wait until mom got home with the groceries because inside the cereal pack was an actual toy! Not a smashed down piece of plastic or paper in crackerjacks, but something you could "use" or play with.

Real metal miniature bicycle license plates, Jack Webb Dragnet whistles, baking solda frogmen and subs, Ford sedans, station wagons, and Thurderbird cars with white wheels, et.,etc.

As an act of nostalga, I would like to create a wall hanging display case with a sampling of these items I loved so much as a child.

I'm off to a good start as I have a small representative sample already, but I'm especially looking for these:

1. PA license plate ( I have MD, NY, DEL, NJ for trade for PA)

2. Little gray plastic vehicles that were part of a speed series issue (similiar to the 2 ships in the photo) Lindberg's spirit of St. Louis plane, SS United States Ship, Blue Bird racing boat, etc. These were very small, about 1-2 inches (pictured)

3. Jack Webb whistle (pictured)

4. Circular car emblems, especially MG or Plymouth (pictured)

5. Small motorboats with white hulls and various colored top sections (pictured)

6. Train whistle (pictured)

7. Cars, Buses, and Simis with white wheels (pictured)

I'm looking for items in nice clean condition, not rusty or bent, scratched or broken (Example: many of the Jack Webb whistles lost their little white ball that makes the sound went missing)

Have specific wants, but will buy almost any type that I can use for trade. You can find some on Ebay but I don't shop there (too many sellers that think 2 or 3 of these items I have pictured will put their kids through college!). Most commonly found at flea markets and toy shows in "junk" boxes but recent health issues limits my walking so I don't get to attend these venues much anymore.

I am not interested in late 60's or newer items. For instance a second issue of license plates was made in the early 70's I believe. They too are dated and are more retangular than the older ones.

Please pm me if you have anything like I have mentioned. I don't have much of what is pictured...got photos from google

Thanks.

Attachments

• cereal 3.jpg
    cereal 3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 240
  • cereal 1.jpg
    cereal 1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 228
  • cereal 7.jpg
    cereal 7.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 250
  • cereal 9.jpg
    cereal 9.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 266
  • cereal 12.jpg
    cereal 12.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 235
  • cereal 13.jpg
    cereal 13.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN1868.jpg
    DSCN1868.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 264
  • cereal 2.jpg
    cereal 2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Man, I remember those too, especially the frogmen and subs..used baking soda, back then you did get great things in your cereal.........

You can find a lot of this stuff on ebay. I've got a bunch in my collection, but I'm keeping what I have. Mostly Cap'n Crunch stuff.

Those are the later ones, Was mostly interested in the 1953 issue. Thanks anyway.

You can find a lot of this stuff on ebay. I've got a bunch in my collection, but I'm keeping what I have. Mostly Cap'n Crunch stuff.

Got burned on EBAY once, never again. As the old saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I'll do without rather than mess with that site, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I have the Dragnet Whistle The Globe Trotters Whistle. The boat in your photo is a Tootsie Toy Boat that came with a Trailer I believe . I had one of those .
If your interested send me a PM ..

Boats were made by F & F company out of DAyton, Ohio......

I have the Dragnet Whistle The Globe Trotters Whistle. The boat in your photo is a Tootsie Toy Boat that came with a Trailer I believe . I had one of those .
If your interested send me a PM ..
pm sent

....but may have been used by other companies. F & F made the white wheeled cars, trucks, and boats, and all have their logo imprinted. F & F made all sorts of plastic items in the 50's not just toys.

Here's a link to an tv ad for the boats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iVn35HLi9E

Not positive, but I think a little after the ad they went to including just 1 boat by itself (no trailer) in the actual box. I know as a kid, I had no interest in sending away for something......if it was pictured on the box I expected it to be in the box!

Here's some info on F & F company. They really had a niche as related in the article as all they did was make premium items.

Several examples of what you are looking for at etsy.com. Search on cereal toys.

i think you put baking soda in the sub to get it ti come up fom the bottom water,i have some license plates from wheaties boxes i think they were 53 and 54 think i had all of em for all states have quite a few left,pm if thats what your lookin 4

i think you put baking soda in the sub to get it ti come up fom the bottom water,i have some license plates from wheaties boxes i think they were 53 and 54 think i had all of em for all states have quite a few left,pm if thats what your lookin 4

Do you have a PA plate?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back