When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark super deluxe

-

rocketman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello, I've been away from this sight for quite awhile since I last restored my Monark. I've held some health issues and now doing better. I hope my before and after come up on this posting. The old wreck showed two years ago for $ 200 on Craigslist and another $500 invested proved to do it justice. I did all the work myself from sand blasting to base coat/ clear coat. Although its not completely purest correct, its still a joy. I still have been keeping up with this site yet not putting any responses in. I'm sorry for that because it seems like such a great network of devoted friends. After learning some of what this sight has taught me, I find at times my mind is becoming a cesspool of trivia! If you could please look under the wanted section and see that I'm really trying to locate a rear fender for a 1935 Elgin oriole. The one I have is terrible. Its crowned and its only 2 1/2" across. Hoping among all the collectors someone will come to my aide.....Thanks, Roger

Attachments

• 100_3562.jpg
    100_3562.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_3865.jpg
    100_3865.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_3870.jpg
    100_3870.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 245
Now THAT makes me want to get going on some projects I can't seem to get to. BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
nice monark super nice job done. also like the roadster in garage .brings back memorys of my blue roadster from bicycle larry

Last edited:
It's always nice to see car guys getting involved in bicycle restoration. Great results and I know you will enjoy displaying your bike at car meets.

Thanks for all the kind words. After restoring a few vintage Harleys and plenty of hotrods, I always wanted to start on bikes and here I am now working on an Elgin. Hope to find a back fender and have it done by Spring to send some images. Nice band of brothers on this hobby site......Roger`

Wow, gorgeous! Doesn't have to be perfectly correct to be perfectly cool! LOVE the colors... so nice to see before and after, thanks for posting.

Thanks for all the kind words. After restoring a few vintage Harleys and plenty of hotrods, I always wanted to start on bikes and here I am now working on an Elgin. Hope to find a back fender and have it done by Spring to send some images. Nice band of brothers on this hobby site......Roger`

Nice Job Roger..... Here is a picture of my first Monark Resto Job by Monarky.
image.jpg

Back