When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Custom Silverking Hextube

-

Sped Man

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
someone posted a 1946 custom Silver King hex tube bicycle with a custom made tank and suicide shifter. Asking price is near the $5k mark. Looks great to me.

Attachments

• $_57-1.jpg
    $_57-1.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 305
  • $_57-2.jpg
    $_57-2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 315
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Don' t forget the suicide shifter, expensive saddle and the very rare and expensive tomahawk stem bikewhorder. Those parts would set you back about $1600. It is definitely a looker. Wish I had those skills.

Wow, crazy... that bike, well the frame, tank, guard and shifter at least, were built by a pinstriper friend of mine out here in So. Cal back in the 80s... the shifter was the clincher... when I saw that I knew it was undeniably my friends. I wondered what happened to that bike. Looks like a few parts are missing/changed out since he built it but the two speed, tank and guard are the same. He first found it with deep aluminum fenders (or maybe they were stainless, but I think aluminum) that had duck tails.. turns out they were correct for super early hex tubes only... he sold them and made custom fenders for this bike. The front had a custom hex shaped fender light on the front, and bars bend from the same hex stock as the frame. I know I have some photos of it somewhere. He had covered Indian motorcycle style fenders too for it... a wild looking custom back in the day... but rather stripped down now.

I thought it was cool too. The problem with customs is that they reflect an individuals taste and can be hard to sell especially when you're asking more than what a really nice, 100% original bike would bring. V/r Shawn

I guess Freqman1 is right about its value. So far no takers. It will probably be on Ebay for a long time like the 5k Alexander Texas Paris Rocket Bicycle or the 15k Elgin Bluebird

Well, when the seller is ready to sell just the stem....it does belong on a Shelby Speedline after all.

No, but really. That bike is awesome. $5k awesome? Well in labor and fabrication hours, definitely, in another persons eyes, no. I honestly see a good $3,000. That is from someone who respects all of the work involved. Of course when you build a hot rod or custom car, you never fully recoup your initial investment but i do think a good $3k is a pretty fair buy.

While mostly seen on Speedlines the Wald Tomahawk was an aftermarket stem that could be purchased for any bike as far as I know. V/r Shawn

Back