When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year and model?

-

oldy57

Finally riding a big boys bike
What year and model is this Schwinn. I don't know much about them. What is the value. It is not mine but am interested. It looks original. What parts are not. A friend told me about it.

Attachments

• $_20.jpg
    $_20.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 312
Looks like about a '40-1 DX. Looks to be a pretty nice bike. I'd like to see a better pic of the brake lever before I suggested a value though. V/r Shawn

Ditto. What Shawn said. I had a 40 dx earlier in the year but no tank. Now I wish I still had it. Very nice.

BTW pedals are not original but are period aftermarket upgrades. The brake lever appears to be the solid cast lever which I believe would prob be '41. I'll go ahead and throw some numbers out--$1200-1400. V/r Shawn

Dang I missed the rear brake! I would go higher for this bike-unusual color and should detail out really nice. If you are going to own a DX it don't get much better than that. V/r Shawn

Back