When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Schwinn D37EX-1 Roadmaster Cool

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this up a couple weeks ago. I think it is a 1941 D37EX-1. I could only find a pic of 1 other. It has the EA horn, Miller kickstand, Morrow rear hub (stamped K4) rear facing drop outs. This one is cool since it is from Columbus Cycle and Sporting Goods and uses the Roadmaster name. Here is some info from member RMS37 about that:

"The badge is a distributor badge for the Columbus Cycle and Sporting Goods Company and has no relationship to either CWC, and their Roadmaster line of Bicycles, or to the Columbia brand bicycles produced by Westfield. I have seen this badge for sale loose and on bicycles from several manufacturers that supplied bicycles to this distributor"

One thing that puzzles me is the chainguard was chrome. The 1 pic I found and a couple other models from 41 had painted chainguards. Seems odd that Schwinn would chrome chainguards that were going to be painted? Wonder if Columbus Cycle could specify different options? Don't know any history on it but it's possible from the wear that it might have been used as an exerciser.

Of course old man silver paint had been at work so I striped it off the H bars, stem, sprocket. Added the seat and pedals and reflector. Thought the front fender looked bare so ordered a repop light and painted it to better simulate the original.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 476
  • 006 (2).jpg
    006 (2).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 003 (2).jpg
    003 (2).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 486
  • Columbus Cycle.jpg
    Columbus Cycle.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 470
Very cool! Just found a ladies Excelsior with the serial number starting with "H", so I'm guessing mine is a '41 too. Mine had truss rods on it, so you might want to add them to yours.

20150109_121201.jpg

I've seen em with chrome guards.. The sporting good shops and cycle supply places ordered whatever or special things and got stuff with all sorts of parts or options on em

Beautiful bike. I too have seen several of the chrome feather guards on 40/41 stuff. That's a really nice ride!

I have the men's Model DX 1940 with chrome guard and same road master badge and decal on down tube . Very rare to see the road master badges Schwinn . Anyways if ya ever want to move it I could be interested would really cool to have his and hers same badge color etc... Nice bike

My 40 Schwinn has the same chrome chain guard but yours is in killer condition. If the guilt is too much of a burden I'll trade you.

Came today cant wait to put Together tomorrow !! Thanks a lot good deal easy transaction quick shipping you da man !!!

Back