When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reverse Paint Autocycle

-

jkent

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This looks like a sweet bike. I love the paint.
$5,000
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=321648984973
$_58.jpg

I thought this bike was a legend! only see a hand full of pictures of it and I thought it was restored to a different teal blue on deep blue paint, what a hell of a schwinn!

Nick.

I don't know. I really don't buy the story about this being a factory paint job. I would think either period dealer or local painter repaint. I just find it hard to believe the factory would do a poor repaint over an existing color. Also I'm not seeing seat tube decal and wonder if it has either fork or seat tube Pat'd decals present. Still a cool bike though. V/r Shawn

I don't know. I really don't buy the story about this being a factory paint job. I would think either period dealer or local painter repaint. I just find it hard to believe the factory would do a poor repaint over an existing color. Also I'm not seeing seat tube decal and wonder if it has either fork or seat tube Pat'd decals present. Still a cool bike though. V/r Shawn

What ever the case its still a very cool color, unique.

Nick.

Has anyone tried to estimate how many of these canti tank AutoCycles are in circulation? Seems like there's always one or two available at any given time. I'm not sure they are really worthy of the "rare" designation.

As Ivo and others have pointed out the term 'rare' gets thrown around quite a bit. Unless a bike is also desirable rare means nothing. The early cantis are certainly desirable. BTW no where in the description does he use the word "rare". V/r Shawn

I agree with Ivo. How many Autocycles have popped up in the last year for sale either here or on ebay? At least half a dozen, probably more. Now how many Speedlune Airflows have popped upfor sale in the last year? Cricket....cricket......

Go Team Shelby!

image.jpg
I
I agree with Ivo. How many Autocycles have popped up in the last year for sale either here or on ebay? At least half a dozen, probably more. Now how many Speedlune Airflows have popped upfor sale in the last year? Cricket....cricket......

Go Team Shelby!

DUH! Makes total sense!!! Quality survived, unlike Shelby bikes joined the Huffmans at the dumpster! :)

Actually, if my memory serves me right, it's 3 for 3.
Three Hanging tank cantilever Autocycles, and three big tank Airflo's.

Back