When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

49 B6 Rescue

-

56 Vette

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Now that the holidays are over and all the gift bikes are done, its time to get back to my bikes. Still waiting on parts for my corvette, and the red phantoms are sleeping in the front room next to the piano. I picked up a 49 B6 last weekend and it was in the garage so I couldn't help but tear into it. Spot polished a few areas of paint and chrome before the teardown and I think it will look pretty good. Will need to find a tank, fenders and a rear rack eventually but at least its a ridable bike as it sits. Even the locking fork has the original key and works great. Here are some pics and I'll try to keep some update pics coming, thanks for looking! Joe

Attachments

• IMG_20150119_074058_764.jpg
    IMG_20150119_074058_764.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 765
  • IMG_20150119_074047_837.jpg
    IMG_20150119_074047_837.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 755
Thanks for the comments, this one is gonna be one of my favorites! Google and cabe searches are a blessing to have at your finger tips! I tore down the springer front end this morning after work, and with a cold beer in my hand I stared at the spring and thought how in the hell does that nut come out? A beer later and a quick search, I had a seat post in the vice and a big screwdriver and voilà the nut was out. Can't remember off hand who posted that but it worked like a charm!! Nice to know someone has ran into almost any problem you may face and gave their advice on how to get it done, one of the many benefits of this site! Time for a little steel wool and polishing before bed, have a great day all! Joe
IMG_20150123_082029_723.jpg

please repost the link for removing the springer nut, last time I almost took my finger off trying to pry open that spring...

Been a pretty productive night, got all the pieces of the front end scrubbed, polished and forks waxed and mocked back up. Hard to believe how nice these things clean up! Also got the pedals rebuilt and greased and the bottom bracket goodies cleaned up other than the crank. I can't quit working on it!!! Having a blast! Few more pics, Joe
IMG_20150123_221831_346.jpg
IMG_20150123_221746_450.jpg

Back