When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this look like a Schwinn weld?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That frame was brazed when Schwinn built it. Those welds do not look like factory brazing to me.

Meh...I've seen worse schwinn factory bb welds....I'd buy it... I say it's legit
Plus it's prewar... 1941.... with springer tank and drum...

Last edited:
Sure looks like a bubble gum patch up to me. Is it breaking loose again?

Sure looks like a bubble gum patch up to me. Is it breaking loose again?

Yup, and given the condition of the paint overall, if ya looks to the mounting area of kickstand, there's not a single scratch.. So, it was patched and painted very recently. least they could have done would have been to grind it down a bit.
00y0y_5mrCU8lfK07_600x450jpg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, that's Marty. He's a good guy--very reasonable in price and character. I've been a repeat customer a handful of times.

I'd have to reckon he wipes his butt. But he definitely doesn't shave his beard.

In response to an earlier comment!.. guess I should have quoted it to avoid such confusion :o

EDIT: THEY EDITED THEIR COMMENT TAKING OUT THE BUTT WIPING JOKE. NOW I'M A FOOL.

I saw the whole post that was semi-deleted so I can be a character witness proving your not insane.

Back