When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find just add shipping contaner.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hilarious!

There you have it! The ultimate statement regarding the preeminence of American Classic bicycles in the global marketplace........Just one AVERAGE 1930s American bike can be worth as much as the barn full of Euro trash.

American Balloon tire bicycles- Best in the world!

Often arbitrary market value does not equate quality just as rarity does not equal market value.

Well said !

Unfortunately, I took a good look at the other items the seller has listed, he ain't giving nuthin away! Nuthink!.. A pro dealer.. odds are, if there was something inside that pile he could market well, that whole group wouldn't be for sale or, he'd picked through what's good and left a few salted "20's-50's" bikes for the sale. Based on his other bike items which appear to be 'at market', I'd say the seller has put a appropriate marketable value, given the conditions.

Hate it when ya can't pull the wool over somebody's eyes, don't you!??

Last edited:
looks like some really neat stuff to look thru you know we left more ww1 and 2 bikes -over the pond than were bought back -one mans junk

Unfortunately, I took a good look at the other items the seller has listed, he ain't giving nuthin away! Nuthink!.. A pro dealer.. odds are, if there was something inside that pile he could market well, that whole group wouldn't be for sale or, he'd picked through what's good and left a few salted "20's-50's" bikes for the sale. Based on his other bike items which appear to be 'at market', I'd say the seller has put a appropriate marketable value, given the conditions.

Hate it when ya can't pull the wool over somebody's eyes, don't you!??

Huh ?

looks like some really neat stuff to look thru you know we left more ww1 and 2 bikes -over the pond than were bought back -one mans junk

My thoughts too,I would love to take a look through those bikes. With those pics it is impossible to put a value on them.

" A pro dealer.. odds are, if there was something inside that pile he could market well, that whole group wouldn't be for sale or, he'd picked through what's good and left a few salted "20's-50's" bikes for the sale."

Salting a group is to insure there's a few good appearing items inside the group to entice buyers or bidders. It's done at auctions in groups where 1 type of collectible is being sold. As an example, in coin collecting, they'll sell a whole coin roll filled with one good coin at each end and say it's not been searched through. 'salted' At times in e-bay you may see a pile of coins, or other small collectibles with 1 photograph, and smack dab in the center they'll be a valueable coin.. however when ya get it, the side you could not see will be worthless, 'Salting a group'

"Based on his other bike items which appear to be 'at market', I'd say the seller has put a appropriate marketable value, given the conditions."

The seller does not appear to be one who'd ruin his reputation by 'salting' a group. Moreover, experienced enough to place a group value with an appraisal 'at the market'. I.E you're going to get what you paid for.

" Hate it when ya can't pull the wool over somebody's eyes, don't you!?? " >> Joking!

Last edited:
im really not grasping your point. racing guys value race bike ,wheelmen look down on 30's stuff some of my best thing came from a famous dealer in England who did not value original stuff so 16 years ago I got a WW1 Triumph motorcycle in original war paint (WW1 brush field paint) for 7,000 bucks a dealer who sells Vincent's Brough's and the like he didnt understand why I wanted that "piece of crap" his words

Back