When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires for Amish wheelwright-built wood-clad rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rosalindro

On Training Wheels
I'm restoring my first bicycle, an 1898 Winslow, and have just had my (gorgeous) Noah Stutzman wood-clad rims built. The metal frame takes size 700 tires. I'm looking for suggestions on what kind and size of tire I should buy. I'd like to get them in white. Does anyone know of a good place to buy them?
Thanks for any suggestions,

This is the one case it would have recommended using the smooth white deans tires as they look period correct as a preTOC bike. Maybe ask cocker tire to se if they have something? Everyone will say just run cream electra amsterdams, the cabe site owner has them listed all the time on ebay.
Once again smooth white Dean's single tube. Or ask to see if there is something similar available.

Did you have him make clincher or factory type rims? If factory you have no choice but the single tubes. I need to contact him regarding doing a set of clinchers for me. Can you tell me what he charges for a set of wheels? V/r Shawn

These are modern, factory-built rims that Noah encased in wood. They take a 700 tire with an inner tube, not a single tube tire. I'm not sure what width to get. So what I'm looking for is a modern, white, smooth tire source.
I'm sorry, I don't remember the cost of the rims. I also had him make 2 chain-guards and a fender. The total was about $360. They are all beautifully done.

Sounds like a decent price for some handmade to order wheels. You want to look at 38-40c tires. Are you running fenders?

I was very happy with his prices.
I'm sorry, I don't know what "running fenders" means. I will be putting on a fender and lacing a skirt guard.
Thanks for your help!

I was very happy with his prices.
I'm sorry, I don't know what "running fenders" means. I will be putting on a fender and lacing a skirt guard.
Thanks for your help!
how are you lacing a skirt guard? How do you do that? Can you tell me please

Yeah, I love my Stutzman wheels. The clinchers I got were 125$ a piece. Very nice unfinished wood (hickory methinks).

running fenders

meaning if you are actually going to have fenders or not, but you would if you're gonna have skirt guards, there are some post about lacing skirts, use the search button

Back