When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat post size

-

Truman

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone. My father is giving me his 1993 suburban. I want to swap out the seat to a Brooks b72 which is already mounted on a seat post. I don't have the bike yet but was wondering if it is most likely a 27.2?
Thanks for your help!

It most likely is not a 27.2 which would havve been the standard for a high end bike not a low end 3 speed near the end of Schwinns life. Me I would use a caliper. From the pictures I found the original seat and seat post is the standard 7/8 clamp on style. Being a Chinese frame/bike it is hard to know the size used. Roger

Last edited:
It most likely is not a 27.2 which would havve been the standard for a high end bike not a low end 3 speed near the end of Schwinns life. Me I would use a caliper. From the pictures I found the original seat and seat post is the standard 7/8 clamp on style. Being a Chinese frame/bike it is hard to know the size used. Roger

Thanks for the reply Roger. I guess I will just mount the Brooks on the current post. The bike has sentimental value to me and I'm just going to change a few things to make it more suitable for my riding.

Back