When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat post size

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Truman

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone. My father is giving me his 1993 suburban. I want to swap out the seat to a Brooks b72 which is already mounted on a seat post. I don't have the bike yet but was wondering if it is most likely a 27.2?
Thanks for your help!

It most likely is not a 27.2 which would havve been the standard for a high end bike not a low end 3 speed near the end of Schwinns life. Me I would use a caliper. From the pictures I found the original seat and seat post is the standard 7/8 clamp on style. Being a Chinese frame/bike it is hard to know the size used. Roger

Last edited:
It most likely is not a 27.2 which would havve been the standard for a high end bike not a low end 3 speed near the end of Schwinns life. Me I would use a caliper. From the pictures I found the original seat and seat post is the standard 7/8 clamp on style. Being a Chinese frame/bike it is hard to know the size used. Roger

Thanks for the reply Roger. I guess I will just mount the Brooks on the current post. The bike has sentimental value to me and I'm just going to change a few things to make it more suitable for my riding.

Back