When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need speedometer help please

-

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
I want to replace the cloudy lens on this Higgins speedometer but don't know how to remove the chrome bezel. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 100_1651.jpg
    100_1651.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 107
Tried toothpaste just now. Didn't really help, but it smells nice. Appreciate the tip though, thanks.

I've tried a few times to clean up a speedo lens that looked like that. Since the speedo is not sealed the inside of the lens will also need to be cleaned, so it needs to come off.

You need some sheet metal that you can wrap around the speedo just under the bezel. The sheet metal needs to be deeper than the speedo housing. Once you have it wrapped bang it on your workbench and the weight of the speedo will eventually knock off the bezel. Replace lens and gently tap bezel back on with rubber or plastic hammer.

Send it to me and I put new lens and new lube grease in all gears inside and if you wanted I resetting to 0000 miles 8)

Back