When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Davis bars?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

chitown

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I was wondering what makes these specifically Davis? Did Davis make them or did they just happen to come off a Davis bike? What other bikes would this have come on? HD perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?68530-davis-made-long-pull-bars

LeXHryll-1.jpg

the correct length for a chief bicycle is 8 1/2in.common length bars on Davis made bikes is 6 3/4in.i don't think they are called Davis bars,maybe Shelby bars.

Attachments

• P2220030.JPG
    P2220030.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 152
the correct length for a chief bicycle is 8 1/2in.common length bars on Davis made bikes is 6 3/4in.i don't think they are called Davis bars,maybe Shelby bars.

I've noticed the earliest chief to have the super long bars, not sure of length though, the later models seemed shorter in the pull back.
Have you noticed a difference by years?

maybe I misworded that ad, found on davis made bikes may have been more correct?? will let buyer know.

maybe I misworded that ad, found on davis made bikes may have been more correct?? will let buyer know.

Just etch DAVIS on em, :)

Your ad is not a misrepresentation, Davis and others.
Note the neck shown above...

on mine 1914-15 chief they were 8 1/2 in. on the other Davis bikes i have they were 6 3/4 in. bars.so i think the early chief had the long extended bars.so the bars that crash had for sale would be correct for any Davis bike.

My Chief bars were 8 3/8" Next size I've seen were 7 5/8", then 7 1/4", 7"..... I would never go into a Davis bar again, patrons are too rowdy...

Back