When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lance

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I just recently acquired this bike. I was told it was a 1919 indian with the wrong crank, fenders and added chain guard and kickstand. It is missing the front badge but the rivet holes are top to bottom not side to side like the indian.. I am obviously hoping this is a 1918 Harley with wrong parts.. It has wood rims with UNITED STATES NO 76 GIANT CHAIN 26 TUBELESS TIRES, new departure model A hub (those were used stock on bikes up to 1818 right?) Anyone 100% on what bike this is or what any of the parts are off of?

Attachments

• front 1.jpg
    front 1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 256
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 261
  • seat side2.jpg
    seat side2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 258
  • newdeparturecoaster.jpg
    newdeparturecoaster.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 265
  • cassette.jpg
    cassette.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 275
  • crank.jpg
    crank.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 258
  • handlebar.jpg
    handlebar.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 263
  • pedal.jpg
    pedal.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 267
  • front hub.jpg
    front hub.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 257
  • kickstand.jpg
    kickstand.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 255
it is not any of that.it is a Davis made bike makers of the H-D,Yale ,Sears line of bikes .need a pic of the bottom of the crank,that is where the serial num. is located,it needs to be a bright and clear pic.

Happens all the time, for those who have a slight interest in old bicycles and just enough exposure to sound like an expert, as a seller they then claim that any bike that has even a close resemblance to an HD, soon becomes either a HD or an Indian...like calling any old Mustang a Shelby.

number.jpg
number2.jpg

Here is the serial # it looks to be a 4. I also noticed the rear wheel is not a united states rubber like the front but a Gillette ambassador for 28" wheel- opposite side of tire reads made in USA U-5-L. Also not sure what that close-up of the serial # says about the paint. I used acetone to get down to the serial # is that green the base color?

Thanks for the input.... any idea on the number four stamped under the bottom bracket?

Posted a pic of the serial number from the bottom of the crank... all that is there is number 4. What does that say about the bike?

Back