When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Admiral Model C Project

-

Ozark Flyer

I live for the CABE
I really excited about this crusty old Admiral that arrived today. 37 stamped crank with a Z03999 serial number. I think that would be an early 38. Much of the original maroon paint is still there but looks to be severely stained by age so it now appears kind of reddish brown. That said, it makes a neat patina. I gave it a light wipe with WD40 to knock a bit of the dust off. And so it begins.....

de15d3f298e28514d23757a2856d4d0b_zps7ca3-1.jpg

45e30d69a884d46983e4d52ba5d7351c_zpsa80e-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! That looks like a NOS piece that was stored in a barn with no roofing.

C-mod Original

Man that bike is awesome. Looks like at least 19" frame...or 20" So Sweet. Way to hang onto your $$ until Your Bike showed up. I wanted it too but spent all my $ Congratulations!!

Thanks all.
Looks like at least 19" frame...or 20"
. Explains why the seat post is shoved down and stuck all the way up to the taper. All part of the fun. Pins are very faint on the rims giving a bit of hope they can be saved. Some bad touch up that needs to be removed on on the fender pins. Some may argue its too far gone but I think its still a candidate for preservation. Seems like my taste and my pocketbook always lean towards the crusty ones that are barely salvageable.

Nice score, Dan. you have a great eye and I'm sure this will be another awesome bike in your collection. As you like to say, SICK! Tim

Back