When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

paramount question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kccomet

I live for the CABE
i bought a couple of paramounts and another german track bike with a paramount chainring. two of the rings have a divider between the cut outs the other is open with no divider. i know the year of the paramounts, just dont know if the chainrings are correct for the year. anyone know about paramount rings and the years they are correct for....thanks

Attachments

• paramount sprocket 001.jpg
    paramount sprocket 001.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 95
  • paramount sprocket 002.jpg
    paramount sprocket 002.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 100
There is a prewar light weight catalog out there you can find on the net that could help you and Waterford Precision Cycles has a great deal of info on early Paramounts on their site. Roger

thanks for the reply roger, ive been on findleys catalog site. there is a massive amount of info on schwinn lightweights out there. i dont mind doing my homework, i enjoy it actually. i just thought a paramount geek would glance at the pics and say ones prewar ones postwar

No geek but I'll say it. One pre and ones post war? I really have no idea.

open one is earlier. From what I've gathered the divider was put in to keep the racers from folding over the chain rings.
I have bikes with both 1" pitch AND 1/2" pitch chain rings that are open but from a quick look my earlier bikes all have
open rings.

Back