When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

paramount question

-

kccomet

I live for the CABE
i bought a couple of paramounts and another german track bike with a paramount chainring. two of the rings have a divider between the cut outs the other is open with no divider. i know the year of the paramounts, just dont know if the chainrings are correct for the year. anyone know about paramount rings and the years they are correct for....thanks

Attachments

• paramount sprocket 001.jpg
    paramount sprocket 001.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 96
  • paramount sprocket 002.jpg
    paramount sprocket 002.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 102
There is a prewar light weight catalog out there you can find on the net that could help you and Waterford Precision Cycles has a great deal of info on early Paramounts on their site. Roger

thanks for the reply roger, ive been on findleys catalog site. there is a massive amount of info on schwinn lightweights out there. i dont mind doing my homework, i enjoy it actually. i just thought a paramount geek would glance at the pics and say ones prewar ones postwar

No geek but I'll say it. One pre and ones post war? I really have no idea.

open one is earlier. From what I've gathered the divider was put in to keep the racers from folding over the chain rings.
I have bikes with both 1" pitch AND 1/2" pitch chain rings that are open but from a quick look my earlier bikes all have
open rings.

Back