When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Rat Trap Manufacturer ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Does anyone recognize the company name stamped into the dust caps of these “Star” rat traps?

Star 1.jpg

Star 2.jpg

Pete, the caps look familiar. You'll have to wait until Friday -check your mail [emoji51]

Last edited:
Hi Dean,
Yes, I always thought that the "Star" rat traps were made by the Standard Co., Torrington, CT also. However, I'm trying to figure out what is stamped into the dust covers of these "Stars". The letters are stamped into the caps with a fancy "script" type font and I can't decide what the letters are.
All I can make out is: Letter? Letter? & N Co.

I think the mystery letter is "S"
It looks the same as the "S" in Star on your dust cap.
And the "C" and the "N" and the "S" more or less match examples in the this script font:
CommercialScript_zpslwrb6nmqgif-1.jpg

But a search of S. S. & N. Co. comes up empty...

Incredible work guys………………….ejlwheels, thanks for posting that “script” sample. It clearly identifies the first two characters as an “S”, and bricycle, you get the prize!! I can’t believe you hit it, “Star Supply and Novelty Company". I've never heard of it. I wonder how they fit in with the Torrington Company? Pete in Fitchburg

Back