When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wtb - bluebird pedal blocks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Looking to buy a set (4) of bluebird counter-weighted pedal blocks. Fox grip used to have them, but cant' get a hold of them. I know someone else here was looking for them recently and found them... if anyone has a set, please LMK?
Thanks!

It was ME!!! Luckily a fellow member had an extra set lying around. Good luck in your search. I believe there are a few others here in need...

Thanks Mike.... I know there are others who would like them... we need to find someone who will make them. Does that chap in San Diego who makes the great chain tread repops post here? If anyone knows him, maybe he will agree to make some?

Still looking, so if someone has a set they will part with, please let me know?

Thanks!

I need a set for my 38 bluebird too same with the grips. Would be nice if someone started making them again.

Nick.

Grips turn up on Ebay pretty often Nick, usually for $85. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Problem with them is finding the metal rings, the repop grips always come with chrome tape instead. Pedal blocks are another matter... Bummer that Fox Grip went down, they were great. I had heard the wife took over, but can't get any response from them when I contact them. ;o(

Justin- I believe Eva Fox has passed away. Heard someone else may take over making them, but nothing for sure yet. Yeah let us know if you come across an extra set of pedals/blocks or grips. :)

Darcie

I was pretty new to the hobby when I caught my bluebird and I removed the blocks and threw em in the trash thinking they were severely worn to one side.
Fortunately, Leon Dixon had commented about them on my pics after the cleaning and they were saved before going to the landfill.
Chris

Last edited:
Wow Chris, you lucked out! That would have been a shame to lose orig. pedal blocks! I have a gorgeous set of orig pedals on my BB, and my Robin is restored and has a repro set of those airflow pedals, but my Skylark needs blocks.. I have the pedals for it but need the blocks. Those pedals are SO freakin' cool, I'd put them on every prewar bike I have if I could!

Darcie, sorry to hear about Eva... they were nice people and always fair to deal with. I will let you know if I come across the grips for you, shouldn't be too hard.

I dealt with George and Eva for years. I use to have the spot next to them at Ann Arbor. They we nice people, and realy helped the hobby a great deal. I know several people who made offers to take over their operation over the years, but it never happened. Even after George passed away, Eva kept at it. I hope some one steps up and takes over. Catfish

Justin- I believe Eva Fox has passed away. Heard someone else may take over making them, but nothing for sure yet. Yeah let us know if you come across an extra set of pedals/blocks or grips. :)

Darcie

Last edited:
Still looking for BB counter weighted pedal blocks... and repro grips for Nick... anyone??

thanks!

Back