When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED - Western Flyer/Hawthorne Rack light unit

-

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
WTB a light unit/battery tray for the Western Flyer rack on bike shown... does anyone have one? I will buy the whole rack if need be as long as the battery tray/light unit is attached... would prefer just the unit though. I have good trade stock and of course dead presidents to spend. Anyone??

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1951-Western-Flyer-Super-2.jpg
    1951-Western-Flyer-Super-2.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 249
This should be the tray. This one is what is on my Luxury Liner.
The light assy is the rear rack with fitted lenses.

This is for reference only as mine is not for sale.

4ad566e7de31df0838dfae976dad95c6-1.jpg

The underside
a2ddbe4ce3e723cb838e9726700fd3ab.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
Not completely correct....

jd56.... thanks for posting that photo. That unit is close but I believe the correct light tray has two addl. bulbs, one on each side right and left for the turn signals, as well as a running light (or maybe a stop light) in the middle as yours has.

The luxury liner only has the tailight bulb. But, this tray appears to be a universal setup. As there is sockets for both left and right bulbs.
The underside (look closely through the silver added paint) shows a stamped R and L for the side bulbs. And is obviously missing the wiring on this example.

Here is a picture of the wiring from the underside that someone posted awhile back.

bafa2b23a10694799e11a231d3210de4-1.jpg

I had some of these units/trays NOS a while back, a couple different types. The ones with turn signals had a 6v flasher (relay?) that looked like a big fuse. Never powered one up to check it out...shoulda.

Thanks for posting the pix guys! That's just what I'm looking for. Got a unit from another caber, but it doesn't have the proper mounts, the tower in back and tab in front...

Rustjunkie, you don't have any of these for me??

Anyone?

Thanks

I thought I had one but mine is just a tail/brake light unit with its rack...sorry...Pappy :cool:

After a closer look at my Luxury Liner ' rear tray is only a tailight model. No turn signal sockets.

b795c53d5b627a91794578590b7b0667-1.jpg

d0b64ce6de2422ed6b021d5a62ab2c7c-1.jpg

Back