When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare stingray seat?

-

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
I have the exact same seat in yellow and this is the only other one I have ever seen. I got mine in a package deal about a month ago and have been wondering about it. Does anyone know what years these seats were made and what they would have gone on? I am also going out on a limb and if it is rare I would think a mint seat like this should bring in $150-200 as standard mint seats bring about the same. What do you guys think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-sti...723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f56863f3

I believe this seat was used on Lil' Chiks and Juniors, check out the catalogs posted by TR Findley for years used, not that desirable, sorry, probably better used on a custom of some type.

This seat looks like a messenger seat. Maybe someone replaced the seat tag with a Schwinn tag. I have never seen a Schwinn use that kind of mounting piece for the sissy bar. That is a Messenger type mount.

I know he did not replace the seat tag as my seat is exactly the same but in yellow with a Schwinn stingray tag. Seat is all original. I have never seen one mounted on a Schwinn either and I even looked at the lil chicks and juniors and still cant find one mounted.

yep, some late 60's lil chik, midget and juniors used this style, see original '68 lil chik, with Stingray seat tag pic.
lil chik.jpg

Mystery finally solved. Think I will keep mine and put it on my custom chopper as it will match nicely with the orange metallic paint.

Back