When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett Jackson 1948 whizzer sale 12,000 sale! do non collectors pay more?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
WOW.. I was watching this auction and this 1948 whizzer. popped up for bidding. I cant believe it. It sold for 12,000 plus!!.... And it's restored. I guess non collectors pay more.. what do you think?

Barrett-Jackson attracts guys with LOTS of expendable income, two of which on that day said to themselves "Ooh, I always wanted one of those when i was a kid and couldn't afford it! I'm buying this one." One was willing to spend $12,000. The other was only willing to spend $11,500.

I got to agree, I can see a increase at car swaps it's going to be a pain to deal with is this the next trend?

When I worked for Don Vaughn I watched him sell a ladies 1899 Remington to a big gun collector for 8,000 bucks that was about 18 years ago, he said "if I sell it too cheap he might not buy it"

Rich dummies + Being on TV + Free booze = Insane prices. Craig Jackson is very smart.

I can't see it being dumb. Those auctions influenced car prices as well. Why not bikes? I look for old firebirds. the prices are expensive for piles of junk and auction priced for nicer ones. Ebay influences bike prices. Most also always over pay but they come back and buy more. It too has influenced prices. I think there's a trend on the way.

Last edited:
Back