When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

87 Schwinn high Sierra

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Does anybody know if there is more than 1 version of this yr, I've seen specs that say mild steel, mines cromo Taiwan, somebody else said they had a Chicago built one ?. I also heard they were made in the giant factory, mine has a GT in serial # ?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks, saw that last nite but saw a frame on ebay he says is usa but just looked again and you can almost read the made in Taiwan sticker.

By 1987, there were no Schwinns being made in Chicago, although the home office was still there. Those bikes also came in yellow. Yours looks to be the black chrome color. It was likely made by Giant in Taiwan.

yea, I figured the guy on ebay was wrong, well everything looks orig. but the grips (GT) and seat (velo with springs) although I have seen a couple of others with the same, dealer option for the fat-ass maybe. haven't found any catalog pics 87. Thanks

they went to full cro-moly in 87.... 86 and older are cro-moly main tubes... I have an 86 I am building which is also black chrome

Back