When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shooting for the stars

-
It does have parts that aren't correct but the silver ray is not one of them. The pictures are clear on my monitor. The bike being a C model, a straight down tube could be correct for the fork. The fenders and or possibly just the braces are not correct, the rivets are too close together. The rack just needs to be adjusted forward. That's about all I see at a quick glance.
Maybe a few other small items, not worth the money he is asking.

It does have parts that aren't correct but the silver ray is not one of them. The pictures are clear on my monitor. The bike being a C model, a straight down tube could be correct for the fork. The fenders and or possibly just the braces are not correct, the rivets are too close together. The rack just needs to be adjusted forward. That's about all I see at a quick glance.
I couldn't see the side screws. ..but I am looking at my phone so maybe the clarity isn't that great. But yeah..mainly meant the price.
*Now I see the screw lol...

Last edited:
Wouldn't a 36 have a straight back lock?

If you are going by the serial number posted in the ad, then yes the frame would most likely have a straight back lock. Remember their are always exceptions to the rule. As I stated before C models had straight down tubes for several years.
Also note in the pictures the frame is 19", as is one of my C models, I've not seen those advertized in the catalogs.

However I tend to agree on this bike, since it has other parts that are incorrect, that the fork may have been replaced.

If you are going by the serial number posted in the ad, then yes the frame would most likely have a straight back lock. Remember their are always exceptions to the rule. As I stated before C models had straight down tubes for several years.
Also note in the pictures the frame is 19", as is one of my C models, I've not seen those advertized in the catalogs.

However I tend to agree on this bike, since it has other parts that are incorrect, that the fork may have been replaced.
Yeah 19 inch is interesting.

Back