When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another cool trike

-

schwinnguyinohio

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Heres another trike I found while looking for bikes today,not sure its 300$ worth of cool but still cool.Has a neat crank set up on front wheel,rims were painted,no name tags other than a Ball Bearing Sticker.Would guess from the 30's but not sure.missing grips and one pedal.I think it just like the one posted her under ''New kid on the block needs help''

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I agree with your dating of this tricycle - late 1920s to mid 1930s. Shame the head badge is missing. It's probably either a Colson, American National/Gendron, or Columbia. Sometimes you can still make out the badge shape on the head tube to help ID it. It should take standard 1/2" threaded pedals, so replacements wouldn't be too hard to find even if not 100% exactly like the originals in design. If it's in an antique shop the owners are most likely asking a high end price, based on what I've seen in antique stores around here. Maybe you can dicker a better deal if you'd really like to buy it and they've had it for sale for quite awhile.

I've always liked the larger wheeled tricycles of this era. Some models were available with as large as a 24" front wheel.

Dave

Last edited:
Back