When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom

-
definitely a repaint, look at fork legs, the pattern is on both sides of each leg, fenders were painted. Tank looks to be repop. Few hundred tops

Hard to say, having been painted. I'd guess it's likely a mix of original and repop parts, like most Phantoms these days. I'd say repainted OG frame/fork/guard, tank definitely looks repop, rack and seat as well, wheels original. Depending on the price, the wheelset is worth some coin.

I looked at that one....

I made him an offer,he didn't take it. He was asking $750.00 and had a couple of locals tell him "it was well worth it" but they didn't buy it?

I personally dislike it when sellers list something on CL with no price... I usually won't even waste my time because it means they don't know what they are doing and will waste your time.

I'm pretty sure the tank is a re-chromed original.The rims are. I think that bike was done about 20 years ago. I was having some plating done locally back then and they were working on some Phantom parts.The owner told me his stuff was done @ the same place approx. 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Not Metro Detroit C/L...

I just realized it was listed in another Michigan city.It was originally listed in Detroit Metro C/L. It might have sold since I saw it

I just realized it was listed in another Michigan city.It was originally listed in Detroit Metro C/L. It might have sold since I saw it
Since you mentioned it, I think you're correct- pretty sure this was listed on D metro for a while sometime around last Thanksgiving, IIRC. If he's @ $750, he's (still ) sucker fishin'. Thanks, fellas.

Back