When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 (ish) Sheild Medallion - Restoration Project

-

MissSido

On Training Wheels
Bought this bike yesterday when one of our bikes was stolen. We will be working on it for the next few months along with my 1980/90s Raleigh. We would love some input, or info about the bike and suggestions on restoration. We will likely make it a fixie but hang on to the hardware in case we decide to sell it. All parts appear to be original (including tires)

Thanks!

DSC01089.jpg
DSC01099.jpg
DSC01104.jpg
DSC01107.jpg
DSC01108.jpg

Nice Bike. This resembles my Columbia, sorry I have no pictures here it is in our trailer in storage. I dislike those bars on mine. I was thinking of changing them, But don't know if I should. Do you like those bars on this one? I found some little chrome half fenders on a Schwinn and they bolt on very easily.

Thanks! Yeah, we were thinking of changing the handle bars but decided to keep the originals since they felt comfortable and suit the bike. So far not much has been done to the bike, just greased up and new tires/tubes since the originals from 1978 were still there. Not going to repaint, too much original paint still there.

I would spend as least as possible and just make it a decent rider. V/r Shawn

Back