When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need fork straightened

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

baronvoncatania

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a westfield with a slightly bent fork, it's not twisted at all just pushed straight back slightly. Is there anyone out there who can fix this?

thanks jim

I have this handy tool and am local in MA too, Templeton.
zanesbuild006-1.jpg

zanesbuild007-1.jpg

zanesbuild008-1.jpg

zanesbuild009-1.jpg

zanesbuild010-1.jpg

homemade fork straightner

REAL easy, fun TO make tool that is amazing to use. the problem with trying to straighten forks is ,if you take them off the bike, and try to correct it you may buckle it in stead of getting it straight. its also hard to gauge how far you have to go with it, and may ruin the fork.
by leaving it on the bike it is bending with the jack , in the confines of the head tube it will not buckle.
the jack pictured is made from a GM car jack. takes about an hour to make. Old ED Boros the "headbadge man" showed me how to make this and it takes less than a minute . the bracket is made from a piece of angle iron that has a notch cut into it where it fits over the bottom bracket. turn the bike upside down. remove the wheel. bolt an old hub into the fork, and bring bumper bracket up to the hub and jack to its straight. I rapped the homemade angle bracket with tape so I dont scratch the paint on the bottom bracket. When I go to a swap I always got it with me to straighten my pals forks, or anything else. also is a good weapon:rolleyes: .
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

Can you go back to talking in a third party? I enjoy reading your stories. Mike
The tinker has got in trouble for a couple things here and can only use "third person" for special occasions .
AND, I was only kidding on the weapon comment. I thought of it when I was holding it after taking the photos that it may have other uses.

GE jack..."Pick and Pull" here I come. I seem to always find bikes with bent forks.

But I wish I could find one of these.

9ed0a7356625bd5f700867a35ee2e536-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

I was only kidding on the weapon comment. I thought of it when I was holding it after taking the photos that it may have other uses.

Well heck, Dang it Tink, I just wasted 50 bucks at the 'Car Jacks as weapons defense school', cause of what ya said!

So the tinker was just Joking? dang it!

Back