When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Sad News !!!!!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

catfish

Riding an Alexander Rocket Bike
With tremendous sadness, I just learned that Larry Busch of Memory Lane Classic passed away this morning with his wife Shirley and family members at his side.
Larry was only recently diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. I believe Larry was 76years old.
Memory Lane Classic's is Larry and Harv's pride and joy. Lisa, Harv's wife has been working double overtime to keep things going strong during Larry's illness.
I have no details yet of Larry's funeral arrangements
It really hurts to lose another great friend..

Thank you for that update, Catfish.

I am saddened to hear of Larry's passing .. he had great presence ..
being fair and generous to all ... and what a sense of humor he had --
he didn't tell me jokes ... he told me real stories -- then he would
laff from the heart.

............. patric

================
================

Thank brother Patric. Larry was a great guy. Known and dealt with him for 25+ years. He and Harv have done a lot for the hobby, and he will be missed.

Thank you for that update, Catfish.

I am saddened to hear of Larry's passing .. he had great presence ..
being fair and generous to all ... and what a sense of humor he had --
he didn't tell me jokes ... he told me real stories -- then he would
laff from the heart.

............. patric

================
================

Last edited:
R.I.P. my long time friend ,thanks for all you have said and done for all of us , RIDE ON in the SKY -walter branche ,

I never had the pleasure of knowing him. Condolences to his family and those that knew him.

My Dear Friends In The Hobby,
It is my deepest regret to verify this Astronomical Loss to our hobby today. Larry L. Busch succomed to the ravages of this disease earlier this morning. Amidst that horrible news, I want everyone to know his dedication to the hobby; to all of you, never waned. All he did was talk about keeping this place going while he fought valiently to beat that damn "C" word.
I'd love to reminisce here about what Larry meant to me, and to the hobby, instead of dwelling on death. Would that be ok with you all??!!

Here goes:
What Larry taught me: is the value of a person's word; honestly; and fairness. His unusual ablity to just "Trust" people was never lost to me in this cut-throat world. He and Harvey ran a business, that still consisted of a cut and paste catalog a man's word; honestly; trust; and a true old fashioned hand shake.
I Friends, had the luxury of living within minutes of the old shop there in Perrysburg. Why the coffee was better there on a Saturday Morning, than anywhere else, and eventually working for parts on Saturdays, kept my fix for old bikes going.
My First purchase of an old bike, was at Memory Lane Classics Swap Meet. At the time, a bike costing $650.00 was something near impossible, but when I mentioned my fondness for a Boy's Montgomery Wards Hawthorn Duralium under the parking lot tent at the swap, Larry said............."well, we take payment plans ya know". No, I didn't know that, and honestly, the thought of doing that sounded intriguing. So, I gave him $50.00, and told him I'd be back over the next few weeks to make steady payment, and said "see ya later". "Thanks Larry". He said............."aren't you forgetting something?". "Take your bike home with you!!". Wow, now that was trust....................and I found myself a home;)

Keep up the memories friends, and make them positive. The only negative I want to hear about, was Larry's dedication to always squishing whatever sweet treat John Pollizi had on his swap table..................wink.

I'll keep you posted as I am able from here.
Lisa for the Great MLC!!

Lisa, Thanks for the info. I was just going to e-mail you. Catfish

My Dear Friends In The Hobby,
It is my deepest regret to verify this Astronomical Loss to our hobby today. Larry L. Busch succomed to the ravages of this disease earlier this morning. Amidst that horrible news, I want everyone to know his dedication to the hobby; to all of you, never waned. All he did was talk about keeping this place going while he fought valiently to beat that damn "C" word.
I'd love to reminisce here about what Larry meant to me, and to the hobby, instead of dwelling on death. Would that be ok with you all??!!

Here goes:
What Larry taught me: is the value of a person's word; honestly; and fairness. His unusual ablity to just "Trust" people was never lost to me in this cut-throat world. He and Harvey ran a business, that still consisted of a cut and paste catalog a man's word; honestly; trust; and a true old fashioned hand shake.
I Friends, had the luxury of living within minutes of the old shop there in Perrysburg. Why the coffee was better there on a Saturday Morning, than anywhere else, and eventually working for parts on Saturdays, kept my fix for old bikes going.
My First purchase of an old bike, was at Memory Lane Classics Swap Meet. At the time, a bike costing $650.00 was something near impossible, but when I mentioned my fondness for a Boy's Montgomery Wards Hawthorn Duralium under the parking lot tent at the swap, Larry said............."well, we take payment plans ya know". No, I didn't know that, and honestly, the thought of doing that sounded intriguing. So, I gave him $50.00, and told him I'd be back over the next few weeks to make steady payment, and said "see ya later". "Thanks Larry". He said............."aren't you forgetting something?". "Take your bike home with you!!". Wow, now that was trust....................and I found myself a home;)

Keep up the memories friends, and make them positive. The only negative I want to hear about, was Larry's dedication to always squishing whatever sweet treat John Pollizi had on his swap table..................wink.

I'll keep you posted as I am able from here.
Lisa for the Great MLC!!

Lisa,
Thanks for the story and update. Being relatively new to the hobby I never had the opportunity to really know Larry but he was always accommodating whether on the phone or when my dad and I came up for the meet. My condolences to all family and friends. V/r Shawn

Back