When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grrrrr....I'm going to pull my last three hairs out! Damn clicking noise!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Ok guys,
My damn bike makes a clicking noise when you apply pressure when riding. I swapped wheelsets from another bike and it was fine. so, it's in the hub. I was taking the hub apart and notices that the axles was really bent up pretty good. I swapped out the axle and internals from one ND "D" with another ND "D" a took it on a test ride...the noise was still there. I didn't switch out the cog or the bearings on that side because I don't have another cog to switch out. Before I go crazy, what would you think could be causing the noise? It sounds like a roller coaster when it's climbing up for the next drop.

Cause if they are wore out the chain binds up a bit and gets hooked into the wore out groove under pressure and makes a grinding roller-coaster popping noise...

How can I tell. It looks good?
image.jpg

Last edited:
Is the noise there when coasting? If it is, I'd agree with Ozark and I'll add to it by saying a loose spoke or two.

Back