When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grrrrr....I'm going to pull my last three hairs out! Damn clicking noise!

-

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Ok guys,
My damn bike makes a clicking noise when you apply pressure when riding. I swapped wheelsets from another bike and it was fine. so, it's in the hub. I was taking the hub apart and notices that the axles was really bent up pretty good. I swapped out the axle and internals from one ND "D" with another ND "D" a took it on a test ride...the noise was still there. I didn't switch out the cog or the bearings on that side because I don't have another cog to switch out. Before I go crazy, what would you think could be causing the noise? It sounds like a roller coaster when it's climbing up for the next drop.

Cause if they are wore out the chain binds up a bit and gets hooked into the wore out groove under pressure and makes a grinding roller-coaster popping noise...

How can I tell. It looks good?
image.jpg

Last edited:
Is the noise there when coasting? If it is, I'd agree with Ozark and I'll add to it by saying a loose spoke or two.

Back