When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the works!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Joe Buffardi

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have had this old plastic radial engine for years from an old toy. I have always wanted to make some kind of bicycle accessory out of it but never had the time. I finally sat down and brainstormed some ideas. I had the small radial engine casted in aluminum. I studied different propeller ideas and came up with this. If this is something anybody would be interested in purchasing for a cool bike trinket please feel free to express your feelings about this idea. i i I I I will have the first one done this Saturday with a 30 mile test on the coast of California to see jow the propeller spins. These do not exist they are not copies or reproductions. I took a plastic engine from a large scale toy from the 40s and made it to bolt on a stem or handlebar and possibly a fender of a bicycle.

Here is the engine and props I will be using. The radial engine is aluminum and the propeller is made of ash which is a lihht weight type of wood but very strong. Im going to run the propeller backwards so it will spin a lot easier with very little wind.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 980
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 982
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 945
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 947
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 945
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 936
Last edited:
That's cool Joe, sounds like you better make a couple dozen!!

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see the finished project. I just hope I can afford one or a few.

Last edited:
Back