When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

real or fake schwinn fender light lens

-

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
Here is a picture of an old schwinn fender light lens i had stored away...its sold....and i noticed under the magnifier it says Mills under the piece ...just passing along the info for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20150224_195156_467.jpg
    IMG_20150224_195156_467.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_20150224_195141_434.jpg
    IMG_20150224_195141_434.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 327
Schwinn fender light lens

'52 Black Phantom :
(MILLS)
2wr40ox-1.jpg

On this '52, the word "Schwinn" is missing on the front.
300fpxk-1.jpg

'95 Schwinn Deluxe Phantom:
mbohuu-1.jpg

No "MILLS", just a circular indentation.
2aj52ds-1.jpg

The '52 lens in comparison to the '95 lens is heavier & the over all
detailing is more pronounced.
The '95 lens is lighter & has a tendency to break or scratch easily.

Last edited:
My '53 Phantom has the Schwinn script down the center of the lens and has the "Mills" stamp. It's an original paint bike.

Best way to tell is the tell tale "STIM" logo on the back edge. That has been the definitive ID point for every original lens I've owned......it's very small, very hard to see and enclosed in an oval on the BACK edge.

The Mlils thing I've never seen before.....interesting........being on a non-scripted early one.......could be something you only find on the very early first run prewar non scripted lenses.

STIM (for stimsonite, the manufacturer) has been the most prevalent ID factor on origys for as long as I can remember.
NO repro lens has the "STIM" on the back edge.

Last edited:
Best way to tell is the tell tale "STIM" logo on the back edge. That has been the definitive i.d. point for every original lens I've owned......it's very small, very hard to see and enclosed in an oval on the BACK edge.

The Mlils thing I've never seen before.....interesting........being on a non-scripted early one.......could be something you only find on the very early first run prewar non scripted lenses.

STIM (for stimsonite, the manufacturer) has been the most prevalent i.d. factor on origys for as long as I can remember.
NO repro lens has the "STIM" on the back edge.
Are they all plastic? I thought mine was a repro, until I found the little STIM logo on the back.

Back