When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help schwinn tiger date

-

randallace

Finally riding a big boys bike
Looking for help to see how old it is - I picked up this schwinn tiger from a guy who got it at the estate auction of terry Thompson - he was the guy here in ohio who let out all his wild animals then killed himself - this schwinn was his bicycle and he rode it A lot as the evidence bears out - it needs all new bearings, ect from extreme use they are all shot - and the tires appear to have been replaced a few times , they are a mismatch of Japanese and Chinese replacements ...... I'm still,trying to figure out how far to go with the clean up as It was owned by him , and may have some collector value based on that - it's radiant green BTW
Serial number is J022337 on rear drop out

Bike has painted wheels - white with red stripes -I was under the impression they all had chrome rims - I also can't find any markings stamped in the wheels - and 26x1.75 tires of mixed brands - the rear hub is bendix , front hub isn't marked that I can find - the block pedals bear the letters H and N - the stem bolts are AS stamped but seat post is not - looks like standard schwinn crank set up - missing front rack and light but mounts still there - ect"."......"

Any help with it would be appreciated

Last edited:
So would this be a 61 model then ? I've heard if a stem that was a one year thing - can someone tell me. What that looks like compared to a regular one ? What's the difference ?

If you type"61 only stem" in search,there's a few threads showing the stem.can't copy for you from my phone.

here is the 61 stem on my friends panther that he is selling. I also have the stem on my 61 traveler
IMG_1912.jpg

If the stem has AS bolts I doubt it's the 61 only issue. Sounds like your wheel sets have been changed out also. Unless you have documentation or some type of hard proof that bike was owned by said person, I wouldn't dump a whole lot into it.

Attachments

• 00909_fl4zS6ZoVZw_600x450.jpg
    00909_fl4zS6ZoVZw_600x450.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02137.jpg
    DSC02137.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 104
Unless one of these was owned by a former President of the United States and you had documentation previous ownership isn't going to affect value. For future reference there is a Schwinn serial chart thread at the top of the Schwinn section where you can look up your number. V/r Shawn

Ok - thanks

Given the tire size on there now - think these are schwinn. Wheels ? I have a 1962 straight bar typhoon that has the same white wheels with the same the red stripe "...".....

Last edited:
Back