When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Work stand

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

delgan

Finally riding a big boys bike
Looking to buy a decent work stand w/o spending a fortune--any referrals to brands? Thanks

get a park tool portable stand believe model is a P-9 or so. got one on amazon a few years ago and they are excellent. Only problem I have is the pads that clamp on the seat post break off but then again I service about 100-200 bikes a year so that is bound to happen to me but can be replaced for $15

I agree- get a Park, But make sure it has the "professional" lever clamp. Some of the newer lower end stands have a screw type of clamp which I don't really like. My current stand is a 20 year old or so Park PRS-6 and it is a treat to work with, even on a ballooner. The only work stands that depreciate much at all are the ones that don't work well. Search through the threads here and there have been some good, bad and indifferent designs for a home-built stand posted. A good workstand makes bike work a lot more pleasant but when looking at new stands, especially the folding ones, that they are designed for modern bikes that weigh half or less what an old bike does. I built a solid workstand out of an engine stand, bedframe angle iron and vise and it served me well for years when I had more time than money. But still, buy a Park.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on modernbike--looks to be a great place for anything I might need.

I bought a park PCS-10 for 159.99 at performance bike, in December. Really great stand for working on bikes.

Picked up a Park Stand today from a local Schwinn dealer. Impressed with it-great design and heavy built. Thanks for your replies!

Back