When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'39 Huffman Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ohdeebee

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Chrome or paint? The bike itself is all original, obviously the tank is not. I no longer have the time or facilities to paint the tank to match the bike, I know that chrome tanks were an option, but I hate the look of new chrome. What do you kids think?

E52EC1C7EE604528AB0955EB5DEB176A_zpsv4pz-1.jpg

That bike is beautiful any way you look a it.... My vote would be paint but the chrome is going to look stunning as well.

cheers

See if there is 1 to trade?? Maybe someone has a chrome 1 for your nice painted 1.... Chrome would look awesome on that bike. Its an awesome bike!
Chrome or paint? The bike itself is all original, obviously the tank is not. I no longer have the time or facilities to paint the tank to match the bike, I know that chrome tanks were an option, but I hate the look of new chrome. What do you kids think?

E52EC1C7EE604528AB0955EB5DEB176A_zpsv4pz-1.jpg

I'm sure Scott will chime in but I believe that bike originally had a painted rack and tank. V/r Shawn

This bike had neither a rack or tank. Catalog shows chrome tank/rack/guard/dual lights. I'm not willing to chrome the guard, but I have the dual lights.

If the bike is original without the tank and rack I'd just take them off and keep it original. If you want to build the upscale version then you will need to do some chrome. V/r Shawn

I am not a fond of new chrome either and I use best available chrome for restored bikes.
In this case you ain't going to find an original chrome tank anytime soon and the paint on our bike is strong with some sheen left, so I would rechrome the tank.
At least you have a tank available and a couple hundred invested to finish it off ain't bad and goes with the rack.
Chris

Back