When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another bike to ID

-

Stinky_Sullivan

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A friend's wife has a bike her grandmother used to ride. It's 60's or 70's based on the banana seat and plastic basket. The little old lady didn't have a driver's license so she rode this bike all over Cincinnati. The ladies granddaughter now has the bike here in Memphis. The serial number is on the head tube which makes me think Huffy build but the serial number isn't quite like what I'd expect for a Huffy number. The serial number is M45247X7. That's followed by a 6 digit number but I doubt that will help identify the year. The head badge says Challenger. The chain guard says B.F. Goodrich Spoiler 2.

Any thoughts?

Whole20Bike-1.jpg

Head20Badge-1.jpg

Chain20Guard-1.jpg

Serial20Number-1.jpg

I knew the chain ring looked Murray. After looking at that site, I'm certain it is. The X7 at the end of the serial number indicates BF Goodrich which we already know it is.

Doesn't the reflector in the spokes indicate the minimum manufacture date? When were those first required on bikes?

Looks like 1972 was the first year for the serial # on the headtube. For the date code M0 was 1969, so maybe your M4 is 1973?

***edit*** M0=1970

Last edited:
Back